The parish Church of St. Stephen
The parish church of St. Stephen Protomartyr was built in historicism shapes in 1887-1897 and it is positioned at the location of the more modest predecessor from the beginning of the 18th century. Today’s belfry, completed in 1966, changed the neo-romanticism church façade with a bell gable. The church is mentioned as far back as 1626, in the Ottoman period, which proves the existence of the former, medieval building. With its position it is connected with the lower positioned graveyard with gravestones from the 15th century, decorated with symbols of shields and swords, today converted into an archaeological park.
Saint Stephen, the first Christian martyr, is the patron saint of the municipality Brela.
The feast day of Saint Stephen and Brela municipality day is celebrated on 3rd August.